Thursday, May 24, 2007
Thirteen on May 24th
1. This week has been a banner week for me personally. A small party, some wonderful theatre, a couple good finales, and a shopping trip that made me smile all day long. In fact, I'm still smiling. I've been making plans for our Boston trip, and we've both been in high spirits. I want to hold onto this feeling. But I know I can't do that. It will slip through my body soon enough, replace by the next feeling. Which, might just be better. Anything is possible.
2. This last weekend we watched "Happy Feet" and "Night at the Museum" on DVD. They both made for an enjoyable evening (even tho we'd seen HF). We actually liked NatM more than we thought we would. Both light fare, both entertaining. No thinking required, just fun movies. Perfect for a Sunday.
3. I was on the brink of deciding American Idol was hopelessly controlled by teenagers with cell phones, and was about to give up on it despite my love of singers/music. . .then, as is often the case, the voters snapped out of their hormone controlled stupor, and actually voted based on vocal talent. Jordin Sparks (above) won. The last couple weeks of seasons 5 & 6 have been very weak. Next year may just be the last season we watch if Idol doesn't figure out how to make it more fair and real.
5. We made Jambalaya this weekend, and it was the best recipe. And, there was nothing bad for us in it!! Tasted fantastic, and good for us. Don't you love it when that happens?
6. Need a smile and a break from the worries and to-do lists? Sit back, relax and click *here.*
7. *NO SPOILERS* That's the email invite I sent to our fellow LOST captives (we're all held captive by this quirky, sometimes badly written but engrossing show). Only 3 could make it, but it was a nice evening. The writers of this show create tension after tension, and it never resolves. After 3 entire seasons and about 70 episodes, we still don't know who any of them are, or WHY they're on the island. But Hurley's moment in the show was worth the whole episode.
10. This is the week for close-ups. Rugby, our little puma, sleeping soundly:
11. I couldn't find my wallet yesterday.
B had a last minute LATE meeting, and he wasn't due home til after our guests arrived, so I was running around like Martha-on-fire, trying to get everything done. I must have put my wallet down at some point. The problem was, I had to pay for a take-out order, and I needed to find it pronto!! Luckily, party prep involved opening the fridge again. So, you guessed it.... I paid for my order with cold, hard cash. (Thank you, thank you. I'm here all week, folks.)
12. We had 2 visitors today. 2 spiders. Which by my calculations is 2 too many. Tomorrow we will also have visitors. The kind will spray nozzles and bug juice. But meanwhile, I think about the symbolism and a certain very important quote from The Medicine Cards: "Infinite Possibilities of Creation." I re-read Monday's post, and it seemed to all fall into place in my head. I usually think I know what to expect from next week. I think I have a grip on the limitations of our lives. But it's just as likely as not that next week will surprise me with some amazing challenges, rewards and experiences. And that possibility of breaking up the routine is very comforting to me today. Lately, gratitude comes a little easier. Hope I can hang onto that too.
13. And now, Haiku for your enjoyment
Rolly Fat Head Cat
Seeking attention in food
Wee piggie gets slopped
Labels: Thursday Thirteen
1:55 PM |